Reading Time: 3 minutes
These Pot Pecan Pie Bars Are Scrumptious (And Strong)
Servings: 2 Dozen
So, for the pie bars, themselves, you’re going to need:
- ⅓ Cup of Cannabis-Infused Butter Softened
- 1 Large Egg Room Temperature
- 1 Package of Yellow Cake Mix
And, for that sincerely scrumptious filling, you’re going to need:
- 1 Cup of Pecans Chopped
- 1 ½ Cups of Corn Syrup
- ½ Cup of Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 3 Large Eggs Room Temperature
- 13” x 9” baking pan
- Mixing bowl
With Summer being right around the corner, I can’t help but conjure up all of those pleasant images I have from years past. The smell of fresh cut grass on a Little League field, the refreshing water of a local swimming pool, but most importantly, I remember the cartoon-ish scene of my grandma placing a pie on the window sill to cool. Now, if she had only spent her time making Pot Pecan Pie Bars, she probably would’ve been a legend in our town – because these suckers are deliciously dank in every way imaginable.
SEE ALSO: The Best Way To Make Cannabis Chorizo Burrito BowlsThese Pot Pecan Pie Bars take everything you love about a standard pecan pie, and mobilize it for on-the-go enjoyment. Plus, they added a bit of ganja into the mix, for good measure. Can’t complain about that, right? If you’re anything like me, you’re beyond eager to get started on this recipe, to see how these babies taste and how they make you feel. Which, don’t get me wrong, I completely understand and appreciate. But, before you even think about tossing on that apron and rolling up those sleeves, you’re going to need to get your hands on the following list of ingredients. So, for the pie bars, themselves, you’re going to need:And, for that sincerely scrumptious filling, you’re going to need:
- Like most baking recipes, you’re going to want to start off by preheating your oven. This time, to 350°.
- As that bad boy warms up, you can take this time to adequately line a 13” x 9” baking pan with some aluminum foil, which you will then grease up to avoid sticking during the baking process.
- After that, pour out ⅔ cup of that cake mix, but don’t do anything with it just yet. Simply place it to the side for the time being, as it will come in handy very soon.
- Then, grab a mixing bowl, and in it, combine your remaining cake mix, cannabis-infused butter, and egg. You will beat these ingredients together, but very gradually. Keep that up until everything has fully blended in with one another.
- Take that mixture, and press it on the base of that previously foiled-and-greased pan.
- If your oven is ready, toss it inside to bake for about 15 minutes or so. After which, you’ll remove it from the oven, and place it on a wire rack to cool down.
- Now, let’s work on your filling. For that, you’re going to need another mixing bowl. In this one, beat together your brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla extract, and that reserved cake mix from before.
- And really mix everything together here as best you can, as you’ll want everything to be fully incorporated with one another before moving on.
- When you’re happy with how everything is looking, you can then add in your eggs, but again, don’t beat them up too rapidly. Go at a low and slow pace until they are barely combined with every other ingredient. No need to go crazy here.
- You will then take these contents, and strategically pour them over that previously-made crust of yours. You can also top off the contents with a healthy smattering of pecans, as well.
- Then, toss that entire thing into the oven for 25-30 minutes, until it fully sets. And, when it does, remove it from the oven, and place it on a handy-dandy wire rack to fully cool down.
- After that, take this entire batch, and place it in the fridge for 15 minutes, at the very least, so they can firm up a touch.
- At that point, carefully remove them from their pan, get rid of that pesky aluminum foil, and proceed to cut them into equally-sized bars for snacking.
Cost: approx. $10-$15
And, boom, that’s it, party people. You just made Pot Pecan Pie Bars like a pro!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 174mg