This Recipe For Cannabis Collard Greens Is Remarkably Easy
Servings: 10 Servings
- ¼ Cup of Cannabis-Infused Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 5 Bunches of Collard Greens Rinsed, Trimmed, Chopped
- 1 Smoked Turkey Drumstick
- 5 Cups of Chicken Stock
- 2 Tablespoons of Garlic Minced
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Mixing bowl
When people wax poetic about their favorite home-cooked meals, they often go into great detail about every single culinary aspect of the experience. They talk about the scents in the air, the flavors on the plate, and the overall joy that these beloved meals deliver on a consistent basis. And, personally, whenever I think about my favorite part of a homemade comfort meal, it’s got to be these Cannabis Collard Greens.
These Cannabis Collard Greens are one of those rare “side dishes” that could easily be the star of the show, and to be frank, it often is – but only if it’s done right. These iconic greens can be “hit or miss” with most folks, but if you follow this fully-infused recipe, you’re guaranteed to have a quality side dish every single time.
- Start off by warming up your cannabis-infused olive oil in a big pot, placed over “Medium” heat.
- Then, once it’s had a chance to heat up, toss in your garlic. Let it softly saute until it develops a subtle brown color. When you see that happen, pour your chicken stock in, and toss in your turkey leg.
- At this point, you’ll want to cover up the contents in the pot, and let them simmer amongst themselves for a half-hour or so.
- After that, toss your collard greens into the pot, and kick the heat up to “Medium-to-High.” Give those greens about 45 minutes of cooking time, and don’t forget to stir up the pot every so often during that time period.
- When those 45 minutes are up, kick the heat back down to “Medium,” as you season the contents with your desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Keep cooking those greens until they are darkened and tender. Which, in my experience, usually takes anywhere in the realm of 45-60 minutes.
- At which point, you’ll proceed to drain the greens, but hold onto the liquid, as you’ll want to reuse it for added flavor when it comes to making leftover portions.
Cost: Approx. $10+
Now, grab yourself a bit of these Cannabis Collard Greens, add a dash of red pepper flakes to them, and start eating!
Serving: 1Portion | Calories: 141.6kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.6g | Protein: 9.6g | Cholesterol: 22.7mg | Sodium: 688.7mg