Reading Time: 3 minutes
Treat Yourself To Some Homemade Caramel Cannabis Popcorn
Servings: 20 Servings
- 1 Cup of Cannabis-Infused Butter Divided
- 5 Quarts of Popped Popcorn
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- ½ Cup of Corn Syrup
- 2 Cups of Brown Sugar
- Mixing bowl
We’ve all been in this sort of scenario at one point another in our lives. We’ll be settling in to watch a movie with a buddy orsignificant other, when the topic of popcorn is brought up. Who doesn’t love munching on some popcorn during a feature film, I know I certainly do. But, there’s one thing that’s actually better than popcorn: Caramel Popcorn. And, coincidentally, there’s actually a kernel-inspired interpretation that’s even better than that. Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you, Caramel Cannabis Popcorn.
That’s right. Caramel Cannabis Popcorn is a realthing, and it’s here to take your snacking (and movie-watching) to epic new heights. What’s great about this recipe is it gets you high, without sacrificing any of that awesome, caramel flavor. If anything, the cannabis used in this recipe helps accentuate that already amazing taste by leaps and bounds. So, if you’re wondering how to make some of this sweet weed popcorn in the comfort of your own kitchen, you’ll first need to get the following list of key ingredients:
- To kick things off, you’ll want to preheat that oven of yours to a subtle 250°.
- Next, you’ll take that popcorn of yours, and place it into a very big bowl.
- Following those quick steps, you will then need to get your hands on a substantially-sized saucepan. Place it over “Medium” heat, and melt half of your cannabis-infused butter.
- When it has melted, stir in your corn syrup, salt, and brown sugar. Then, you’ll want to bring everything to a boil. And don’t just walk away, be sure to stir up the contents frequently during this part of the process.
- Then, after it hits “peak boil” leave it alone for a little under 5 minutes. And when that time period has elapsed, remove the whole thing from the heat source, and proceed to stir in your vanilla extract and baking soda.
- After that, in a different saucepan, toss in your other half of cannabis-infused butter over “Medium” heat, and again, melt it completely.
- At this point, take your caramel mixture, and pour it over your popcorn. Then, do the same with your newly-melted cannabis-infused butter. Pick up and toss the kernels around in the bowl to ensure that each piece is getting an equal amount of coverage.
- Upon completing that step, you should empty out the newly-coated popcorn onto some shallow baking dishes, and toss them in that preheated oven of yours for about 60 minutes. Every 15 minutes, you should revisit the popcorn, and give it a healthy stir.
- Then, when that hour is over, remove it from the oven, and allow it to fully cool before you start breaking it into little, bite-sized pieces.
Cost: Approx. $10-$15
That’s how you make homemade Caramel Cannabis Popcorn that you, and all of your stoner friends, will absolutely love!
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 32.8g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 340mg